Global Development Through Silicon Valley Education
To empower people and advance global prosperity through inventive, industry-linked Silicon Valley education.
ITU pioneers a modern, industry-focused educational model to deliver education globally. ITU's educational pedagogy cultivates innovative thinking, ethical leadership, and entrepreneurial spirit through practical, industry relevant curriculum that reflects Silicon Valley's culture. ITU closes the employment skills gap and empowers people to lead successful, enriching lives as meaningful contributors to the global community. The purpose of ITU is to foster excellence in education for students particularly interested in the high-tech entrepreneurial field. All our programs have an applied nature, with an emphasis on specialty areas tailored to the market needs of Silicon Valley companies. Students are actively encouraged to affiliate or intern with relevant local industry firms from the very beginning of their academic studies as an integral part of ITU’s academic pedagogy. As such, the hallmarks of an ITU education include:
- A special focus on practical engineering, business, biotech, and media arts research projects.
- Relevant internships integrated into academic programs from the beginning of a student’s tenure.
- Multicultural awareness through the international exchange of scholars and students from locations around the globe.
- Systemically designed, competency-based courses that utilize innovative instructional methods.
- Cross-disciplinary curriculum that encourages students to look beyond their own fields and generate new possibilities.
- Programs that meet the high standards of both the ITU Advisory Board, which consists of prominent Silicon Valley industry leaders, and the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)*.
Institutional Learning Outcomes:
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Team Work
- Technical Literacy