At ITU, we’re proud to offer competitively priced graduate programs. We also offer scholarships and payment plans to help you fund your education. Special tuition discounts are available for California residents, veterans and active-duty members, employees of the Silicon Valley Organization (SVO) member organizations, as well as full-time police officers, firefighters, and public paramedics.
The Form 1098-T is used by eligible educational institutions to relay information about their students to the IRS, as required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Every year, ITU will automatically generate Form 1098-T for students who are either U.S. citizens or U.S. residents, or international students who fulfill the following criteria: a) have a valid social security number or ITIN on record with ITU; b) have made payments for 1098-T eligible tuition and fee charges in the reporting year.
To submit a social security number or ITIN to ITU, the student must complete a Form W-9S by providing their full legal name, current mailing address, SSN / ITIN, and student ID number. The form can be found on the IRS website at this address: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9s.pdf
Every year, ITU will solicit Form W-9S from students who do not have an SSN or ITIN on record. In order for ITU to issue a Form 1098-T, a Form W-9S with the correct information must be received by the university by December 31st of the current reporting year.
Please do not email the Form W-9S; any forms sent via email will not be accepted. Due to highly sensitive information on the W-9S, it must submitted to Accounting Services by one of the following methods:
1) Mail to:
2010 El Camino Real, #852
Santa Clara, CA 95050
2) Fax to:
3) Submit it in person to the Accounting Services window at the ITU campus
LATE FORM W-9S SUBMISSIONS
The deadline for universities to issue Form 1098-Ts is January 31st of the year following the reporting year. The IRS assess penalties to universities for every late Form 1098-T submission. While ITU will honor late requests and issue a Form 1098-T past the IRS deadline, ITU will assess a $50 late Form 1098-T request fee to offset the IRS penalty. Any initial Form W-9S submitted after December 31st of the calendar year requested is considered a late request, and will have this fee assessed.
Accepted Forms of Payment
CONTACT ACCOUNTING SERVICES
Graduate Student Funding Sources
International Online Payments
International Technological University has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments. Flywire’s mission is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.
If you have any questions about making international payments with Flywire:
No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multi-lingual customer support team available to you – reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
For more information, contact Flywire
International Student Scholarships
If full payment is not made upon registration of courses, the following will occur:
Student accounts will be subject to financial holds in cases of:
- Non-payment of fees, or
- A partial payment of fees, or
- The student has an outstanding balance from a previous trimester.
Students who have provided a wire transfer confirmation, or signed up for the Installment Plan (and provided post-dated checks) will not be placed on Financial Hold.
When a Financial Hold is placed on a student’s account, the student will remain enrolled in their courses, however, the student will no longer be able access the following services until the student’s account balance is paid in full:
- Add/drop courses online via MyITU
- Obtain transcripts, grades, diplomas, or verifications of enrollment.
The student must clear their account balance via MyITU, or submit payment in person at the Department of Accounting Services. Once the student’s account balance is paid and cleared, the Financial Hold will be removed.
Termination of Student Status for Non-Payment of Tuition and Fees
Students who do not pay tuition and fees, or make payment arrangements with the Department of Accounting Services within 30 days after the first day of class, will have their student status terminated. A final e-mail notice will be sent 7 days before the deadline by the Student Records Office and/or Department of Accounting Services. There will be no extensions for the deadline.
Terminated students for non-payment of tuition and fees will have their academic progress discontinued.
Online Payment Tips
Tuition & Fees
Students must pay the entire student account balance upon course registration by completing one of the following:
A) Forms of Payments:
Wire transfer from a bank account from outside USA should be done through Flywire or PayPal.
B) Pay in person at the Department of Accounting Services with:
C) Pay by wire transfer:
D) Pay by Installment Plan
To qualify for the Installment Plan, you must:
- Have no bounced check record with ITU
- Enroll in 6 or more credit hours for the trimester
To enroll in an Installment Plan you’ll need to:
- Complete and submit a Promissory Note to the Department of Accounting Services
- Provide post-dated checks for the installments:
- 1: Post-dated check if enrolled in 6 credit hours
- 2: Post-dated checks if enrolled in 7 or more credit hours
- Pay a nonrefundable $100 Installment Plan fee along with your first installment payment
E) Pay by Employer Tuition Reimbursement
- Complete and submit an Employer Tuition Reimbursement Deferred Payment Plan Application Form and Statement of Financial Liability within ITU’s regular registration period.
- Along with the completed form, student must also provide a letter from the employer’s Human Resources department confirming current employment, a copy of the student’s employer education assistance/reimbursement plan, and check or cash to pay the non-refundable $50 ETR processing fee.
- ETR applications submitted during the late registration period (see the Campus Calendar) will be assessed an additional late processing fee of $50.
- A new ETR application and ETR Statement of Financial Liability must be submitted each trimester.
- Submit the completed application form along with the $50 non-refundable ETR processing fee and proof of employment to ITU, Department of Accounting Services, Accounts Receivable, at 2010 El Camino Real, #852, Santa Clara, CA 95050.
Please see the campus calendar for important dates.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Students will be given a 100% refund if a class is cancelled by the University.
- Amounts refunded are calculated based upon the time the student dropped their class(es) or withdrew from the University. Please refer to the schedule below.
- To withdraw from a class:
- Log into MyITU and drop the class.
- To request a refund:
- Submit the Student Refund Request Form to the Department of Accounting Services.
- If students have received federal student financial aid funds, students are entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
ITU’s refund schedule is as follows:
|Class Drop Date||Refund Percentage|
|Prior to the start of the trimester||100%|
|During the add/drop period (ending the second Sunday from the beginning of the trimester at 11:59PM)||100%|
|During the third week of the trimester (ending the third Sunday from the beginning of the trimester at 11:59PM)||80%|
|After the third week of the trimester||0%|
- Internships are subject to the refund policy detailed above.
- Students who are separated from ITU as the result of disciplinary action forfeit all refund rights.
- All non-refundable fees will not be refunded.
- Refunds for international wire transfers (when applicable) will only be issued by wire transfer back to the originating account. No exceptions. Student is responsible for any fees incurred for a wire transfer refund. Refunds will be processed within 3 weeks. Please note that the release of the refunds depends on the receiving banks and this may take up to 3 months.