ITU Student Ambassadors serve as our community advocates and bring awareness to our educational programs and resources. Our Student Ambassadors are from various academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds enriching the community attentiveness around the general benefits of graduate education.
Our Student Ambassadors are outstanding student leaders who demonstrate leadership, high achievement in academics, and convey the significance of lifelong relationships. As one of the most trusted sources in the admissions process, ambassadors provide prospective students with an authentic representation of the ITU experience and the opportunity to connect with current students through various engagement activities.
What is the mission of the ITU Student Ambassador Program?
The mission of the ITU Student Admissions Ambassador Program is to cultivate student leaders to play a crucial role in the Office of Admissions’ recruitment efforts. Ambassadors have unique contact with prospective students, their families, and community members, as well as represent the university at professional fairs, campus tours, special events, and more.
WHAT KIND OF WORK DO AMBASSADORS DO?
Student ambassadors make a big impression on new and prospective students. Campus tours led by student ambassadors play a major role in whether a prospective student decides to enroll in that school. Student ambassadors will act as liaisons between the University and its stakeholders by engaging in activities such as:
- Recruitment, promotional and special events
- Conduct tours
- Lead on-campus admission presentations
- Provide first line of information to prospective students
- Promote increase involvement in student events and opportunities
- Assist prospective students with applications and orientation
- Answer phone inquires and direct prospective students to admissions officers
- Contribute to social media content
- Provide various services and referrals to the university
What are the benefits of becoming an ITU Student Admission Ambassador?
Develop leadership skills through community engagement opportunities
Connect with academic and industry mentors
Access to writing workshops
Letters of recommendation
ITU Student Admissions
The ITU Admissions Office relies heavily on the leadership and participation of its ambassadors to successfully recruit students to ITU. To be considered for this program, applicants must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Currently enrolled ITU student
- Quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Ability to commit one academic year (Fall-Spring)
- Demonstrates strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, and enthusiasm
- Able to communicate effectively the vision and goals of ITU