We’re proud to offer competitively priced programs. Scholarships and payment plans are also available to help you fund your ITU education. Additionally, special tuition discounts are available for California residents, veterans and active-duty members, employees of the Silicon Valley Organization (SVO) member organizations, as well as full-time police officers, firefighters, and public paramedics.
FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE U.S. CITIZENS AND U.S. RESIDENTS
ITU will automatically generate 1098-T forms for students who are either U.S. citizens, or U.S. residents. In general, copies of the 1098-T will be mailed to students at the latest by January 31 of each year. The deadline to request this form will be December 31. If you have questions regarding the 1098-T, please submit a ticket to the Department of Accounting Services.
For Foreign Students
ITU will only generate a 1098-T for foreign students upon request. The deadline to request this form will be December 31, please fill out Form W-9S “Request for Student’s or Borrower’s Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification” to provide to the school. In order to submit the W-9S, you will need a valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
Due to highly sensitive information on the W-9S, you must submit your request to the Department of Accounting Services by one of the following methods:
- In person: To the office of the Dep. Of Accounting Services
- Mail to: ATTN: Dep. Of Accounting Services 2711 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95134
- Fax to: (408) 400-2271
Please do not email your request; any requests sent via email, will not be accepted.
TUITION AND FEES STATEMENT
You can access your tuition and fees statement any time by logging into your MyITU portal.
You can also submit a request in person at the Accounting Services window, or by submitting a ticket to the Department of Accounting Services.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Contact Student Accounts
Graduate Student Funding Sources
International Online Payments
Current Students Only
International Technological University has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments. Flywire’s mission is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.
If you have any questions about making international payments with Flywire:
No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multi-lingual customer support team available to you – reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
For more information, contact Flywire
International Student Scholarships
If full payment is not made upon registration of courses, the following will occur:
Student accounts will be subject to financial holds in cases of:
- Non-payment of fees, or
- A partial payment of fees, or
- The student has an outstanding balance from a previous trimester.
Students who have provided a wire transfer confirmation, or signed up for the Installment Plan (and provided post-dated checks) will not be placed on Financial Hold.
When a Financial Hold is placed on a student’s account, the student will remain enrolled in their courses, however, the student will no longer be able access the following services until the student’s account balance is paid in full:
- Add/drop courses online via MyITU
- Obtain transcripts, grades, diplomas, or verifications of enrollment.
The student must clear their account balance via MyITU, or submit payment in person at the Department of Accounting Services. Once the student’s account balance is paid and cleared, the Financial Hold will be removed.
Termination of Student Status for Non-Payment of Tuition and Fees
Students who do not pay tuition and fees, or make payment arrangements with the Department of Accounting Services within 30 days after the first day of class, will have their student status terminated. A final e-mail notice will be sent 7 days before the deadline by the Student Records Office and/or Department of Accounting Services. There will be no extensions for the deadline.
Terminated students for non-payment of tuition and fees will have their academic progress discontinued.
Online Payment Tips
Scholarship Search Services
Tuition & Fees
Students must pay the entire student account balance upon course registration by completing one of the following:
A) Pay Online:
For international payments:Flywire (for current students only)
B) Pay in person at the Department of Accounting Services with:
C) Pay by wire transfer:
To qualify for the Installment Plan, you must:
- Have no bounced check record with ITU
- Enroll in 6 or more credit hours for the trimester
- Not enrolled in any internship course
To enroll in an Installment Plan you’ll need to:
- Complete and submit a Promissory Note to the Department of Accounting Services
- Provide post-dated checks for the installments:
- Post-dated check if enrolled in 6 credit hours
- Post-dated checks if enrolled in 7 or more credit hours
- Pay a nonrefundable $100 Installment Plan fee along with your first installment payment
E) Pay by Employer Tuition Reimbursement
- Complete and submit an Employer Tuition Reimbursement Deferred Payment Plan Application Form and Statement of Financial Liability within ITU’s regular registration period.
- Along with the completed form, student must also provide a letter from the employer’s Human Resources department confirming current employment, a copy of the student’s employer education assistance/reimbursement plan, and check or cash to pay the non-refundable $50 ETR processing fee.
- ETR applications submitted during the late registration period (see the Campus Calendar) will be assessed an additional late processing fee of $50.
- A new ETR application and ETR Statement of Financial Liability must be submitted each trimester.
- Submit the completed application form along with the $50 non-refundable ETR processing fee and proof of employment to ITU, Department of Accounting Services, Accounts Receivable, at 2711 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95134.
Please see the campus calendar for important dates.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Students will be given a 100% refund if a class is cancelled by the University.
- Students have until 11:59PM (PST) on the day of the class session to drop classes.
- Students have the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid (not including non-refundable fees) through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later.
- If a students drops their class(es), or withdraw from the University after the first class session, amounts refunded are calculated based upon the time the student dropped their class(es) or withdrew from the University.
- To withdraw from a class:
- Log into MyITU and drop the class.
- To request a refund:
- Submit the Student Refund Request Form to the Department of Accounting Services.
- If students have received federal student financial aid funds, students are entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
ITU’s refund schedule is as follows:
Class Drop Date Refund Percentage Prior to the start of the trimester 100% During the add/drop period (ending the second Sunday from the beginning of the trimester at 11:59PM) 100% During the third week of the trimester (ending the third Sunday from the beginning of the trimester at 11:59PM) 80% After the third week of the trimester 0%
- Internships are consider as classes and subject to the refund policy.
- Students who are separated from ITU as the result of disciplinary action forfeit all refund rights.
- All non-refundable fees will not be refunded.
- Refunds for international wire transfers (when applicable) will only be issued by wire transfer back to the originating account. No exceptions. Student is responsible for any fees incurred for a wire transfer refund. Refunds will be processed within 3 weeks. Please note that the release of the refunds depends on the receiving banks and this may take up to 3 months.