Step 1: Offer Letter (Required Items)
Sample Offer Letter
Obtain a typed, signed letter from the internship provider on the provider’s letterhead. The letter must include the following:
- Supplemental: A statement confirming that the position and duties to be performed are supplemental to the provider’s current staffing and will not replace or replicate an existing or vacant position.
- Dates: Start and End dates of the Trimester applying for. (i.e. Start date cannot be earlier or later than the start of the term, and End date cannot be later or earlier than the end of the term)
- Title and Specific Duties: A list of the specific duties to be performed in the internship (see samples below)
- Addresses: The provider’s headquarters and the name and address of the site where the internship will take place if in a different location
- Hours: The number of hours per week the student will spend in the internship
- Goals and Objectives: A minimum of three specific goals or objectives of the internship, such as the knowledge and skills the student will gain through this opportunity that relate to the degree program.
- Pay Rate: Paid or Unpaid.
- Supervisor Name and E-mail Address: The full name and e-mail address of the person at the internship provider’s organization who will supervise the intern.
- E-verify or Employer Identification Number (EIN): The E-Verify or EIN number of the internship provider is required by the university to show that the provider is able to offer a legitimate internship.
- Signature: The signature of the person at the internship provider’s organization who will supervise the intern
- Company Letterhead: Offer letter generated on document with identifying company letterhead.
Finding An Internship