WSCUC Requires ITU to Strengthen Capacity for Two Years
March 2, 2020
Dear ITU Community:
On Wednesday, February 26, 2020 ITU received a follow-up letter from the the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) that serves as formal notification and official record of action taken concerning ITU by WSCUC at its meeting February 14, 2020.
The Commission commended ITU in particular for:
- Its industry practitioner educational model, which provides students with education that is highly relevant to Silicon Valley employers.
- Its core staff and faculty who wear multiple hats and work hard to accomplish the university’s mission.
- Its recent efforts to effectively streamline processes, minimizing administrative disruptions so that students continued to receive support and services.
- Its transparency concerning the university’s status and decision-making, as demonstrated by its recent town hall meetings with students, faculty, and staff.
- The Student Government Association (SGA) and the Academic Leader Council (ALC), that provide for the orderly and systematic engagement of students, faculty, and staff.
The Commission requires ITU to respond to seven issues listed in the letter. ITU will continue to deliver Silicon Valley industry relevant training to our students and strengthen our capacity as we respond to these issues. Watch for further updates on our website.